CARRIE


Carrie (2013)

¿Have you heard about  the bloody prom queen?

I imagine that some idea or image comes to your head. It is something normal since this image of a bloody girl at a prom is very common.  Well, I'll tell you about this famous photo. I chose the version filmed in 2013. It is my favorite. I hope yours is too. This movie was directed by Kimberly Peirce. As I mentioned, this is not the first movie, it is the third remake. This film stars Chloe Moretz as Carrie, Julianne Moore as Carrie's mother, and Ansel Elgort as Tommy Ross. 





The plot

Carrie and her mother have lived alone since the first day of her birth. Her mother was a very  religious person. This affects the protagonist's growth, as her mother had not wanted to have her. Having grown up in this context of rejection, she did not know many basic things about life. Her mother hid this from her.  She was a very quiet and shy person. Because of  this fact, she suffered from bullying at school, which led her to isolate herself.  

One day Carrie discovered supernatural powers she possessed. At the same time, Tommy a popular boy in high school, asked her to the prom. She happily agreed. But unfortunately, at the end of the story, the event happened but not the way it was expected. Blood fell on Carrie, and she responded angrily. She attacked her classmates and the whole town, leaving everything in chaos.   

HERE YOU HAVE THE TRAILER! 






SCORE  

This movie is one of my all-time favorites. The sets, the photography, the costumes, were perfectly chosen. The lead actress has a lot of resemblance to the book. This is very good, plus her acting was impeccable. Another very important point for me was the direction. This movie was directed by a woman. To conclude, my score is 10 out of 10. 


WHY Would I RECOMMEND IT? 

Well, I have many points why I would recommend it. First, the fact that it deals with very important issues like bullying and religion. All these factors affect the development of a person, like the example of Carrie who is very quiet or doesn't know basic things about life because of her mother. The movie is very entertaining to watch, you won't get bored. If you like blood, surely the final part will be your favorite.  

 

- Do you like teen horror movies? 


References: 

Ebert, R. (2013) Carrie. RobertEbert.com. Retrieved from: https://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/carrie-2013

Comentarios

  1. The actress who plays this movie is incredible. I still remember when I saw it, the suspense, the story, everything was very exciting and full of incredible effects. By the way, the actress was my crush at the time.

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares de este blog

ANNABELLE